When undertaking an O Cosmedics Corrective Skin Peel, or a course of treatments, it is imperative that you remember the following guidelines to ensure you avoid any unnecessary pain, skin damage & possible complications. …
1. Your recovery time and depth of peeling will depend on your skin condition and the chosen peel. Your skin may become very hot, red and minimal peeling. You may get a slight breakout as the cellular turnover speeds up but all these conditions are extremely temporary. Your Skin Care Specialist will discuss with you what you may experience and the aftercare.
2. Avoid direct sun for 5-10 days. Mineral Pro SPF 30+ is mandatory and must be reapplied every 2 hours. If in direct sunlight, the likelihood of pigmentation & burning is increased. The Mineral Pro SPF 30+ is recommended due to its high percentage of zinc oxide which acts as an anti-flammatory & also because of its lack of chemical SPF’s (it’s full of anti-aging ingredients too!)
3. Avoid waxing/hair removal for 14 days.
4. Avoid peels, IPL, laser and Cosmeceutical Facial Treatments for 14 days that are not prescribed by Skin Focus, to avoid over treating the skin & potentially causing damage to the skin.
5. Avoid exercise, heated yoga, saunas, spas and getting over heated for 24-48 hours. Your skin is still processing the active ingredients & will redden, tingle & re-activate very easily.
6. Do not pick, scratch or peel the skin. Let the peel do its job.
7. No exfoliating products, AHA’s, Vitamin A products, Retin A scrubs, or enzymes post treatment for 2-4, unless recommended & prescribed by your Dermal Therapist.
8. Do not use harsh or scratchy washcloths, brushes or mitts for 3 days after the peel. Simply cleanse the skin by applying ‘O’ Gentle Antioxidant Cleanser to the hands (this is the recommended application anyway!).
Q. “Is there anything that would prevent me having an O Cosmedics Corrective Skin Peel?”
A. If you have any of the following, unfortunately, we are unable to perform a peel …
- Active cold sores
- Open lesions
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Lupus and auto immune diseases
- Retin A – cease two weeks prior to reduce excessive peeling
- Roaccutane – must be minimum twelve months since your last ingestion of this medication
- Blood infections
- Pregnant and breast feeding
- Skin cancer in the treatment area
- Undergoing chemotherapy or immune therapy
- Sunbaking and sun beds are to be avoided the entire duration of the treatment regime
- Unrealistic expectations
- Unprepared skin – active homecare products are mandatory